Composite Poles Australia is a subsidiary of Penguin Composites. We are located in Penguin on the North-West coast of Tasmania, Australia. Currently, we are looking to establish the range of products from Shakespeare Composites Structures in the USA. The company is encouraging interest from players in the market to have the products manufactured in Australia either as investors, distributors or customers.
Manufacturing in Australia will place the product as the most cost effective composite pole available using technology and a developed system from the largest manufacturer in the world. Shakespeare has been manufacturing poles for nearly 50 years and Composite Poles Australia is working to improve and tailor the technology for the Australian market.
The product has a track record and has been tested and proven using the most economical materials with a very long life due to its patented UV protection system.
It is the policy of Composite Poles Australia Pty. Ltd. to manufacture products of a quality standard that ensures conformance to our client’s drawings, purchase order, engineering and specification requirements.
It is also the Company’s policy to develop, maintain and upgrade an effective quality programme to ensure that all direct employees, contract labour and sub-contractors are properly trained to comply with the Company’s quality procedures.
To achieve this stated quality, Composite Poles Australia Ltd. will maintain a quality control system based on ISO 9001:2008. The company shall also have the capability of adapting to and meeting such other standards that our clients should require.
The Company is also committed to the purchase of raw materials and services only from those companies who can demonstrate that they operate under a quality control system that is appropriate to their product or service.
Composite Poles Australia is committed to reducing the environmental impact of our activities, preventing pollution, reduce or mitigate harmful effects on nature and natural resources and promoting the sustainability of the natural resources upon which we depend, while providing quality products that meet the needs of our customers.
We are also committed to:
- Continuous improvement of our environmental performance; and
- Meeting or exceeding the requirements of all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Minimise our environmental footprint by working with staff and other stakeholders through pollution prevention practices in compliance with legal and other requirements and be a role model for others to follow.
- Establishing annual waste reduction objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement, and implement measures to achieve them.
- Undertaking waste assessments every five years to identify opportunities for waste minimisation.
- Water assessments are undertaken every five years to identify opportunities for water conservation.
- To actively optimise energy consumption and minimise greenhouse gas emissions for current and future operations.